FAQ and a simple explanation of services we provide, a brief description of each process performed for you to better understand what is being done to your car.
The following are services we provide for your new and used vehicle.
Automotive Paint Protection
Protects your cars paint work against fading, bird drop damage, acid rain and tree sap damage , industrial fallout and industrial pollution.
Glare with Glassplexin is certainly different and unique when compared to other protectants on the market, as it bonds with and onto the paint surface, is applied on all chrome, windows and wheel rims to protect the surface. This makes washing and cleaning easier and reduces surface scratches and damage caused by frequent washing. When someone is trying to sell you what everyone claims is the best, just ask for the name of the product and Google the product to get what is actually being applied to your car.
I get this on a regular basis, and as I have posted many articles on this subject, most detailers and so called professionals are still way behind the times with technology. Car paints have changed, and with the newer ceramics and hard clears on the market, it is no wonder black and dark colored cars are a nightmare.
Most copycats use pictures to highlight the work, most aren’t worthy of publication to be honest, as one can see upon zooming in, the quality is not what it should be. There is no clarity and depth when compared to the glass.
A good paint protector should have body, to form a layer on the paint surface, it should also repel water, and it should contain at least 90% active ingredient. Using terms like it contains blah blah means nothing. Like making a cup of coffee with a few granules of coffee????same difference with tyres….it is the amount of rubber that gives you the grip, more nylon to give you mileage.
This debate can go on forever, however, you need to research your choice of applicator thoroughly, and ask as many questions as you can. Doing paint protection mobile in uncontrolled environment is not what we do. We sell DIY kits for that purpose, not that it will not work, but a professional application means the person doing the job is trained, can issue an Infinity Warranty Book and will follow the strict procedure which entails a minimum of 6-7 hours work , even on a new small car.
Doing mobile work and spending 2 hours protecting a car without de-waxing to remove transport wax, clay bar to remove fallout and pre prep before paint sealant is like painting a wall with expensive paint without preparing the surface and hoping for the best.
Automotive Fabric Protection (carpets and cloth-seats)
Protects the surface from staining, makes cleaning easy. Applied with spray/dispenser and is solvent based for quick drying. Bonds into and onto fabric, not just settling on surface. Been on the market since 2000.
Automotive Leather and Vinyl Protection (leather for seats and vinyl for door panels and dash panel)
Protects the surface from staining and keeps surface soft preventing cracks and separation. Also makes cleaning easy. Creamy product, hand applied and buffed off with micro fiber cloth, deep penetrated the leather and vinyl, cleans and seals. Balance of product which comes in a 355 ml bottle returned to customer.
Electronic Rust Protection
Protect your vehicle against corrosion. unlike conventional rust proofing , it is not sprayed on and covers all panels including double insulated panels with a no nonsense written warranty. Make sure you research the unit supplied, as with paint protection, there are many a supplier out there with black boxes fitted with LED lights claiming to protect your car.
The difference between the 2 Paint Protection Services we offer
GLARE INFINITY PLUS- 5 year Paint Protection
- Glare Infinity Plus: This is a 4 stage process, with a product manufactured for new car paints for australian conditions since 2003. The Glare Infinity Plus is both hand or Machine applied, predominantly for new, undamaged paint, and is easy to use and can be applied DIY.
- When applied professionally, the car is de-waxed ( remove all transport wax still stuck to the paint surface). The surface is then Clay Blocked to remove all the industrial fallout from the time the car left the factory, stood at the holding yard and or transported by rail or ship. Once these processes are completed, the car immediately looks better than the day you picked it up from the dealership. This also reveals the raw and true color of the paint. The above steps in itself takes up to 3 hours on a small car to complete properly as the windows and headlamps need to be clay blocked as well to prevent dirt and wax contaminating the cloths and pads and causing swirl marks further down the process!
- At this stage, the car is ready for the pre prep, in our case we use the Glare Micro Pre-cleaner. This is applied on all the painted surfaces and will allow us to inspect the car for any defects.
- Assuming there were no defects, the first layer of Paint sealant is applied, in our case Glare Infinity Plus, applied to the entire car panel by panel and buffed off, applied to all exterior windows and wheel rims, including Perspex shields and covers. On completion, the car should look like the completed project and will now be ready for the final seal coat, which simply locks in an additional layer of sealant on all the painted surfaces only.
- Once the Final seal coat has cured (45 min) the exterior unpainted plastics and rubbers, door jams, door rubbers, tyres & engine bay is the treated. All of this is part of our standard professional applicatio.
All of the above processes are carried out in a controlled environment, under a live feed camera with footage of before and after still pics .and live feed footage returned to the customer, with a full after care kit containing the Glassplexin Ultra Wash, washing sponge and drying chamois, together with a completed Infinity Warranty Book , marking clearly all processes carried out, explained in detail to the customer, all defects if any were found, noted and written step by step instructions on how to maintain your vehicle.
All of the above takes up to 6 hours on a small car which is new, hence the reason for us only doing a car a day.
A used car will follow the same procedure for paint protection, with an additional cost for rectifying the paint and defects prior to paint sealant application and an additional cost starting from $100 and varying /increasing according to the condition of the car.
The final seal coat is also a different product (black label) and is machine applied for better bond.
We use the Glare Hurricane orbital buffer for paint rectification and a Random Orbital polisher for the first coat of Paint Sealant.
GLARE ADVNCED 10 yr/ Lifetime Warranty
The Glare Advanced Paint Protection sealant is twice as thick and contains more active ingredient than the Glare Infinity Plus. As with the procedure for 5 year protection, 2 x coats of Glare Advanced is applied, added to the procedure listed above, we have 2 additional processes:
- Glare Zero (deep cleans paint pores) followed by
- Glare Knockout ( a thick paste that removes imperfections and penetrates deep into paint pores forming a very thick base for the Glare micro pre-cleaner to bond to.
The complete Glare Advanced procedure allows for a layer 2 x as thick as the Infinity Plus, hence the extended warranty and the higher surface tension reduces the need for frequent top ups or paint contamination.
In addition to the service, you get a more comprehensive washing kit with larger Glare ultra wash, larger drying chamois, 2 x washing sponges and a full Glare Sahara Wash and Detail kit which is pure liquid for quick surface scratches and emergency cleaning without water, or a simple detail if required.
All of this is an addition cost of $150, which is far outweighed by the additional steps and aftercare goods supplied. It is also more favorable to the newer paints and darker colors and used paintwork.
It was manufactured and introduced in 2006 to combat the growing problems with newer hard and ceramic clears which by the way have bigger paint pores, hence the rough orange peel look , which is reduced significantly by the glare zero/knockout procedure.
Whatever your needs, whatever you drive, feel free to contact the writer who is both proud and passionate about his work and business, manufactures and uses only the best in the market, who drives good quality cars and appreciates a good car when he sees one.
Car sizes in the recent months have also changed and taken on a new dimension, so calling or emailing to establish a proper quote on your needs will be advisable.
A new car is one you have just bought, hopefully with no paint damage and not a demonstrator that has covered 6000 km you have just bought.
A used car, as long as it still has paint on it can be revived, protected and a warranty issued, depending on the condition, which can also be established upon arrival and inspection. Defects can be noted and excluded on the warranty book, but the good surfaces are not exempt from protection.
Both warranties are fully transferrable, and upon inspection, you will be advised on the best solution for your car, be it a DIY Kit, where in instances lighter colors are easy to treat, or professional paint rectification, scratch removal and professional polish, in cases where the previous vehicle needs to be sold, and finally, a solution for your new investment.